I’ve done a little work on the RPi’s, but nothing yet on the server that FOMOphobia will use to serve up social media content to the installation. Now we get down to it. I won’t bore you with the details (the response to some of the super techy posts has been uniform silence), but I can give you an idea of the work that is going into it.
- Create the virtual server at my hosting company (the excellent French host Gandi.net)
- Set up my Domain Name Service record to point to the new server (so the FOMOclients in the installation can easily find it)
- Configure networking stuff
- Configure security stuff (there’s a lot of this to make sure the server is hardened from malicious hackers and ner-do-wells)
- Make sure the OS is up-to-date
- Install database server
- Install web server
There is still so much to do, but this gives me a base system upon which to build.
Since there is nothing particularly graphic about this step of the project, I opted to just throw in a bunch of complicated diagrams to impress you.