In 1999, I co-organized this collaborative street performance in downtown Santa Cruz with artist Bonnie Primbsch.
This whimsical and informal (and unpermitted) street fair featured a wide array of improvisational performance, including
- Blabbermouth the very talkative mime
- A street corner soapbox preacher in a blood-splattered shirt and tie tearing out and offering pages of the Bible
- A tiny orchestra of tiny barely-audible instruments
- A bleary-eyed couple in bathrobes and slippers seeking coffee
- A half dozen other performers committed to bewildering downtown shoppers during the consumer-focused holiday season.